Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Making Cookies






We made cookies together that had healthy ingredients and no egg in the dough so I didn't have to spend the whole time insisting that they not eat the cookie dough.  I thought this would make the whole process more relaxed.  By the time Elena had her head submerged in the bowl of the food processor to lick out all the remains (this was not a short process) and Manny and Glory were laying on the counter like prostrate dogs licking up any bit of any leftover ingredient (including baking powder), I realized there is no such things as a relaxed baking project with three preschoolers, for me anyway.  They look pretty happy in the pictures, which makes me feel like I did a good job despite my palpable tension.  Today I made crackers with them for the girls to bring into preschool tomorrow.  They are co-hostesses with the mostesses.  It almost put me over the edge.  Tomorrow we will not be doing any group projects in the kitchen, unless I have a moment of whimsy/hunger/insanity.

2 comments:

Marilyn Gray said...

They do look delighted! Sounds like a fun time...I'm feeling a little bit guilty because my kids always ate more dough than baked cookies, and I always had eggs in the dough...They don't seem too damaged. My grandkids can't eat eggs, so we use flaxmeal for eggs, so I don't have to worry about this anymore...except for the cookie dough I eat... ;-)

Sarah Boyle Webber said...

I have nominated you for an award. Read about it here: http://sarahboylewebber.blogspot.com/2012/05/oops-missed-friday-there.html