Saturday, July 4, 2009

Happy Birthday Tomorrow Babies!

Glory and Elena on the ramp that Mike and Manny built.

Elena looking sporty at the playground.


Manny's new bulldozer- a thank you gift for a year of exceptional patience.


An older picture of Glory, but too cute to pass up.

I am sitting in bed, drinking a toast to myself. I did it! In two hours, I will mark the anniversary of when I went into labor with the twins. One whole year. It has been a purifying experience to have occasion to love this much and this often. I am going to celebrate by reminiscing tomorrow and enjoying the full night of sleep I didn't have last year! Except it's sweltering in my bedroom and people are setting off obnoxious fireworks all over. Oh well. These are small obstacles to sleep in comparison to contractions.

3 comments:

Carmen said...

Happy Birthday to you, wee girls! And congrats to you Angie dear! You made it! Year one!

Alissa Maxwell said...

You are amazing Angie! I didn't realize that our kiddos share a birthday. Owen turned 2 on the 5th. I hope you were able to embrace some of those fireworks as a celebration of your accomplishments over the last year. Congratulations!

The Leftoverist said...

It's been too long since I've visited your blog and I've missed it. CONGRATULATIONS on your first year of mothering twins. You are amazing.