Sunday, June 21, 2009

Echo Joy

My little goddaughter Echo Joy has said a couple of things lately that I want to remember. Echo will be 3 years old next month.

When we were leaving her house recently after a fun playdate and a muffin snack, I was packing up my things. She was watching me expectantly. Finally, she said, "Now's when you thank me for feeding you!"

Today we went to an artist's reception for Sam (Echo's dad). When we walked into the cafe, Echo was checking Manny out. She looked over at me and said, in her most grown-up voice, "Is he getting bigger?"

Also at the cafe, Glory walked, holding only Sam's finger, for the first time. I admit I was surprised. It won't be long now! There was a band playing and Manny stood and soaked it all in for a long time, much longer than one would expect from a 2 year old. The girls apparently soaked it up too because they serenaded us all the way home.

No comments: