Monday, February 25, 2008

Manny's First Drive-by Honking

Manny and I walked to the library today - him in the stroller, me on foot. On our way, a truck with two construction workers (identifiable by their signature orange shirts and hard hats) honked and gave us the "big nod". Were they kidding? Were they just mocking me? Or were they complimenting my saggy maternity jeans that are four days overdue for a wash? Perhaps it was my dirty sneakers or the tent I was wearing to cover my basketball sized middle. Then it dawned on me. It was none of those things. The only logical conclusion is that they were honking at Manny. They were saying, "Hey! That's one cute baby! Yeah!" And to that I say, you're right construction workers. Thanks for noticing. And thanks for not being afraid to give Manny the "big nod". You were right on the money.

No comments: